Shirodhara treatment is an exemplary Ayurvedic treatment, which incorporates pouring of warm home grown oil on the brow in a nonstop stream. Ayurvedic Shirodhara treatment is extremely viable in advancing sound rest and lessening pressure. Shirodhara treatment is one among the Bahiparimarjana chikitsa, or outer medicines told in Ayurveda. The term Shirodhara originates from two words “Shira” which means head and “Dhara” which means stream.
How Does Shirodhara Treatment Work?
Pouring of heat oils used stimulates and truthfulness the neural structure, thereby regulation the functions of endocrine gland and causing sleep. Shirodhara stimulates Marma’s or important Points within the head and improves circulation. the nice and cozy oils used for Shirodhara conjointly cause vasodilatation of all the channels and thereby improve the blood circulation of brain. Shirodhara conjointly reduces the amount of stress hormones like epinephrine and nor epinephrine and therefore relaxes mind.
What are Shirodhara Treatment Benefits?
The advantages of Shirodhara knead incorporate treatment of Sleep issues, Memory misfortune, Poor fixation, Chronic migraines, Stress, Depression, Mental pressure, Hypertension, Facial Paralysis and Degenerative states of the mind.
The cured oils assimilated through the scalp invigorate the hair follicles, and henceforth Shirodhara is an imperative treatment to treat hair issues, for example, Premature turning gray of hair
Shirodhara Massage Therapy – Stepwise Procedure
Shirodhara is generally rehearsed in the first part of the day or night.Contingent upon the ‘Dravya’ (cured or non-sedated fluids), it tends to be called as Tailadhara, Takradhara, Kashayadhara and Jaladhara.
Shirodhara is likewise included as one among the Murdhataila (four exceptional methodology in Ayurveda for the head).
1. Shirodhara rub treatment starts with Abhyangam (Ayurvedic body rub).
2. You have to rests on the back rub table with shut eyes and loosen up your body.
3. Shirodhara begins with the pouring of around 2 liters tepid oil ceaselessly as a stream on to the brow in a wavering way.
4. The time length of Shirodhara treatment may stretch out from 30 to an hour relying upon the state of the patient.
It is essential to ensure that the oil doesn’t enter eyes or ears and is consequently prescribed to be performed by an accomplished specialist
5. You may likewise be given a gentle head knead previously or during Shirodhara.Shirodhara may likewise incorporate pouring of buttermilk, decoctions or even water.