SOME ANCIENT INDIAN HEALTH TIPS
Quotes in *Sanskrit*
1. Ajeerne Bhojanam Visham
If previously taken Lunch is not digested..taking Dinner will be equivalent to taking Poison. Hunger is one signal that the previous food is digested
2. Ardharogahari Nidhraa
Proper sleep cures half of the diseases..
3. Mudhgadhaali Gadhavyaali
Of all the Pulses, Green grams are the best. It boosts Immunity. Other Pulses all have one or the other side effects.
4. Bagnaasthi Sandhaanakaro Rasonaha
Garlic even joins broken Bones..
5. Athi Sarvathra Varjayeth
Anything consumed in Excess, just because it tastes good, is not good for Health. Be moderate.
6. Naasthimoolam Anoushadham
There is No Vegetable that has no medicinal benefit to the body..
7. Na Vaidhyaha Prabhuraayushaha
No Doctor is Lord of our Longevity. Doctors have limitations.
8. Chinthaa Vyaadhi Prakaashaya
Worry aggravates ill health..
9. Vyayaamascha Sanaihi Sanaihi
Do any Exercise slowly. Speedy exercise is not good.
10. Ajavath charvanam Kuryaath
Chew your Food like a Goat..Never Swallow food in a hurry..
Saliva aids first in digestion.
11. Snaanam Naama Manahprasaadhanakaram Dhuswapna Vidhwasanam
Bath removes Depression. It drives away Bad Dreams..
12. Na Snaanam Aachareth Bhukthvaa
Never take Bath immediately after taking Food Digestion is affected
13. Naasthi Meghasamam Thoyam
No water matches Rainwater in purity..
14. Ajeerne Bheshajam Vaari
Indigestion can be addressed by taking plain water.
15. Sarvathra Noothanam Sastham Sevakaanne Puraathanam
Always prefer things that are Fresh..
Old Rice and Old Servant need to be replaced with new. (Here what it actually means in respect of Servant is: Change his Duties and not terminate.)
16. Nithyam Sarvaa Rasaabhyaasaha
Take complete Food that has all tastes viz: Salt, Sweet, Bitter, Sour, Astringent and Pungent).
17. Jataram Poorayedhardham Annahi
Fill your Stomach half with Solids, a quarter with Water and rest leave it empty.
18. Bhukthvopa Visathasthandraa
Never sit idle after taking Food. Walk for at least half an hour.
19. Kshuth Saadhuthaam Janayathi
Hunger increases the taste of food..
In other words, eat only when hungry..
20. Chinthaa Jaraanaam Manushyaanaam
Worrying speeds up ageing..
21. Satham Vihaaya Bhokthavyam
When it is time for food, keep even 100 jobs aside.
22. Sarvaa Dharmeshu Madhyamaam
Choose always the middle path. Avoid going for extremes in anything